These So many guitar players want to improve their guitar playing but ignore some fundamental things. Here are some tips that are easily missed by inexperienced players.
- Learn the notes on the fretboard
- Learn the sound / texture of chord types
- Learn how to hum and play simple melodies
- Learn something new every day
- Listen to all styles for inspiration
- Play music not theory, it might be clever but if it sounds terrible, why bother?
- Learn to play slowly and in time
- Learn each song in a couple of keys if possible
- Learn to memorise songs
- Don’t compare yourself to others or criticise
These things may seem simple but they are things that are highly worth considering